When I was a kid like you, I used to wonder what it was that God wanted from me. I learned about God on Sundays and heard different stories about men and women in the Bible who followed after Him, but I wasn’t quite sure what He wanted from me. I wasn’t supposed to build an ark or kill a giant with a slingshot and some stones, but there was something God wanted me to do; right?
Let me just tell you that a lot of adults still wonder about what God wants from them. There are still times I ask Him to show me again because I’ve gotten too busy or distracted to remember. I’ve learned 7 key things that God wants from everyone and I’m going to teach you those, but I’ll take time to do each one at a time. Here I’ll just take a minute to tell you what they are, then I’ll go into more about each one at a later time.
The 7 key things we all need to do in order to live for God are:
- Love Jesus more than anything else. (Mark 12:30)
- Talk to God every day. (Proverbs 8:34)
- Read the Bible and do what it says. (Psalm 1:1-3)
- Love other people. (Mark 12:31)
- Give to God. (James 1:17)
- Serve other people (Mark 10:45)
- Share the Good News about Jesus (2 Timothy 2:2)
Take some time to talk about these with your parents and next time we’ll get more into loving Jesus more than anything else.